All incoming freshmen must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) to assist in determining the most appropriate courses in which to register. The HSPT score, along with grade school and parent recommendations are taken into consideration when recommending course placement. The HSPT is only used for placement purposes, it is not an admissions test.
Important HSPT Reminders:
- All testing begins at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at approximately 11:30 a.m. Please arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- Calculators are not permitted. Students may bring water and/or a healthy snack.
- Students must bring a $50 testing fee (cash or check made payable to Boylan Catholic High School).
Class of 2023 HSPT Primary Exam Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Pre-registration is recommended at boylan.org/hspt.
- Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. at the school’s student (south) entrance off of Muldoon Drive.
- Extended time accommodations available for those who qualify (see below).
***Students scoring in the 95th percentile and above on the December 1 test will receive a $4,000 Bishop Lane Tuition Grant ($1,000/year over four years)***
Additional Class of 2023 HSPT Dates:
Friday, January 11, 2019 (Extended time available for those who qualify. See below.)
Saturday, January 26, 2019
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Students must pre-register for the additional testing dates at boylan.org/hspt
Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. at the main (east) entrance.
Extended Time Accommodations:
For extended time accommodations, please contact Mrs. Virginia Burd. To receive extended testing time, a student must have a current IEP, ISP or 504 plan and must pre-register. Extended time accommodations are only offered for December 1 and January 11 test.
HSPT Test Interpretations:
All parents of incoming freshmen who have taken the HSPT are encouraged to attend a test interpretation session in the Boylan cafeteria on one of the following dates:
Sunday, January 6, 2019, at 1:00 pm
Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at 6:00 pm
At this 45-minute presentation, parents will receive information on how test results are used to assist in placement, registration information, and a copy of student test results.
If parents cannot attend either date, an alternate session will be February 5 at 6:00 pm. Or parents can pick up test interpretation packets in the main office during office hours (7:00 am — 3:45 pm) starting on January 7, 2019.