In order to prepare our attendance records for the 4th quarter, families will need to complete an online form through Skyward Family Access and choose which learning option (in-person or remote) they want for their child. The online form is similar to the documents that parents and guardians completed during the recent registration process. If you have multiple children attending Boylan, please fill out the form for each child. This form is due March 9.
- Login to Skyward Family Access. This form is only available through the parent/guardian account.
- Select “Online Forms” and then “4th Quarter Preference”.
- Review the options, make a selection, and then submit the form.
- A digital receipt will be sent to confirm that you have done this correctly.
- Quarter three ends on Friday, March 12, so please review grades in Skyward and contact teachers if you have any questions.
- Uniforms will return on Monday, March 15. Gather these items over the next week and make sure they still fit and are presentable. Contact Mr. Lindstedt if you have any concerns about the upcoming changes.
- Spring break is April 2 - 11. If one chooses to travel, the health department guidance will determine whether or not a student or staff member can safely return to school or if they should quarantine. Please call the Attendance Office if you would like to discuss any upcoming travels that could impact your child.
Thank you for completing the parent online forms. If you have a change in course requests, please notify your student's counselor by March 19, 2021, to make any changes. After March 19, there is a $20.00 service fee for course changes.
SPRING SPORTS UPDATE
Football and boys' soccer practices started this past week and girls' volleyball starts on Monday, March 8. If you are interested in playing a spring sport, forms are now available through Skyward Family Access ("Online Forms"). All athletes must have a valid physical on file at the school. Physicals are good for 13 months. All forms must be completed before the first practice. If you have any questions, contact Mr. Paul Heitkamp.
2019-2020 YEARBOOKS HAVE ARRIVED
The yearbooks have arrived and we are distributing them to students as they are in the building. If your child ordered a yearbook and they are not at school, yearbooks can be picked up at the student entrance (Door D) during school hours. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sarah Scherer. We plan to open orders for the 2020-2021 yearbooks soon. Stay tuned for more information.
2021-2022 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
All qualified families who wish to receive financial assistance must complete the FACTS Grant & Aid application annually. Click here to apply. We encourage families in need of assistance to apply for both Boylan financial assistance and the Empower Illinois tax credit scholarship program.
The Empower Illinois scholarship application is now open. If you have not made your reservation or completed your application yet, there's still time! Visit empowerillinois.org to get started.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE REQUIREMENT UPDATE
In light of the recent adjustments to our school schedule and increased cautions from the health department, we have made further adjustments to our Christian Service Requirement for this school year. All students will still be required to complete 15 hours of service this year. The newest adjustment for the 2020-21 school year is we will accept at home service. This includes but is not limited to yard work, volunteering at a parent's place of work, caring for younger siblings, etc. You may not receive any form of payment for service completed. If you have questions please contact Ms. Shannon McKenna.
The only way we will be able to return to in-person learning in a sustainable way is by reducing the spread of COVID-19. This means following the current COVID-19 recommendations for Winnebago County, including:
- Wearing a mask in public, at gatherings, workplaces, or where it is difficult to maintain physical distance
- Maintaining a physical distance of six feet or more between people not residing in a single household.
- Minimizing time spent with anyone outside your immediate household
- Washing hands frequently
- Avoiding gatherings of 10 or more people or any gathering for which you cannot maintain physical distance
- Limiting travel
- Staying home if you are sick and seeking appropriate medical care
- Additionally, please be mindful of the travel guidelines issued by the Winnebago County Health Department, which is requiring a 14-day self-quarantine after visiting or hosting guests from several states and countries.
Please be mindful of the travel guidelines issued by the Winnebago County Health Department, which is requiring a 14-day self-quarantine after visiting or hosting guests from several states and countries. Check the WCHD website regularly, as the list of locations changes weekly.
SPIRIT WEAR STORE
We are excited to announce the opening of our virtual spirit wear store! Get the perfect gift for the Titan in your life. To celebrate its opening, use coupon code BOYLANCATHOLIC20 for a discount through December 7th. Titan gear makes a great Christmas present! Shop all of our apparel at https://www.boylan.org/spirit-wear.
Parking Passes are available for purchase. The cost is $60 for the school year. Please make your purchase online at payit.nelnet.net/form/w3pGNBLC or bring cash or check (payable to Boylan). Vehicle information that is needed includes make, model, year, color, and license plate number. All student drivers are required to obtain a 2020-2021 Parking Pass. Passes can be picked up in room 109.
Parents are encouraged to enroll as an observer in Canvas, our online learning management system. Observers in Canvas will have access to view the online assignments and resources of their student's classes. While observers will have the ability to view grades for some work, please remember that the grades that appear in Canvas will not fully represent a student's overall grade, as students may be assessed on work completed outside of Canvas. Parents should continue to refer to Skyward for official grades. Directions for setting up your observer account on Canvas can be found on the Documents and Forms section of our website.
Daily mass is available for faculty and students on a first come first serve basis at 7:15 am. Social distancing and masks are required and sanitation of the chapel happens after Masses. Students will be required to sign in when entering the chapel. If a student arrives for Mass and it is already full, they will be asked to go to the cafeteria with the rest of the early arrival students.
Please note that our ability to hold all events and activities remain dependent on guidelines provided by local and state governing bodies. The COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation and our plans may change. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.