Check back regularly for the most up-to-date information for the 20-21 school year.
Please note that our ability to hold all events and activities remain dependent on guidelines provided by local and state governing bodies. The COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation and our plans may change. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
This summer Boylan's main office and school building are open to the public Monday-Thursday, 8 am to 1 pm. If you need to visit the school, please practice social distancing and wear a mask if you are unable to maintain 6 ft of distance between individuals. Do not come to the school if you are sick.
A MESSAGE FROM THE ROCKFORD DIOCESE ABOUT THE 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR
TUITION AND FEES
- The first tuition payment for the 2020-2021 school year is due in July. Bills will be sent via FACTS in late June. Additional details about tuition deadlines can be found on our website. Financial assistance is still available for the 2020-2021 school year. Apply here!
Girls' uniforms can be purchased through Dennis Uniform. Click here for details.
Boys' uniforms can be purchased through Tom Harmer. Tom Harmer will offer special pricing through July 20. Boylan will also be hosting a used uniform sale this summer (date TBD). Boylan uniform guidelines can be found in our Student Handbook.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE AND RETREAT REQUIREMENTS
Click here for important information related to fall sports including practice schedule, fees, and health requirements.
2020 YEARBOOK PICK-UP
Due to delays caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the printing and distribution of our 2020 yearbooks has been delayed. Rather than distributing with packet pick-up, we expect yearbooks to be available around the holidays. Exact timing TBD.
- Replacement stylus for R751 & R851 Chromebook models and Acer power adapters will be available for purchase below the retail price on Skyward (and billed via FACTS) later this summer.
- Chromebook purchases come with a 1-year warranty through Acer. Students who received their Chromebook in August 2019 have the option to extend their warranty directly through Acer (deadline: August 15, 2020). Details here.
- Refrain from using Chromebooks to charge cellphones or other high-drain devices. View our tech page for more tips on how to properly care for your Chromebook battery.
- If not in use over the summer, consider putting your Chromebook into its "battery disconnect state" to preserve battery life.
- For more Chromebook Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Tips visit boylan.org/tech or contact IT Director Mr. Joshua Anderson.
If you haven't taken our parent survey yet to provide feedback on how e-learning went for your student during the COVID-19 school closures, please do so by Monday, June 15.
FOR INCOMING FRESHMEN
- All freshmen must have a complete 9th grade school physical and immunization records on file with Boylan's main office by October 1, 2020. If your student is playing a fall sport, it requires the ninth grade school physical to be on file by the start date of the sport. The ninth grade school physical covers for a sport physical. The State of Illinois requires ninth graders to have a dental exam performed by a licensed dentist on file with the school by May 15, 2021.
- Skyward Family Access passwords will be mailed home to parents and guardians. Skyward Family Access is used for a number of things including the gradebook, food service, health information, and to complete online forms.
- Students enrolled in Honors Theology and/or Honors English will receive summer reading assignments in the mail.
- Freshmen who retested for higher placement in June will receive placements results in the mail.
- Freshmen boys interested in playing basketball or football should contact Coach Brett McAllister bmcallister@boylan.
org (basketball) or Coach John Cacciatore jcacciatore@boylan. org (football) to sign up for summer conditioning sessions beginning June 15. Sessions will last one hour and take place in the morning. Due to COVID-19, any interested student must contact the coach ahead of time to register for the training. No walk-ups are allowed.
- All seniors must submit proof of a complete (series of 2) meningitis vaccination to Boylan's main office by October 1, 2020.
- Yearbook pictures for the Class of 2021 will be taken in the Boylan cafeteria on June 23 from 9 am to 3 pm and on June 24 from noon to 6 pm. Additional photo sessions will be held on July 22 from 9 am to 3 pm and July 23 noon to 6 pm. All seniors must be photographed on one of the dates above to appear in the yearbook. Proofs will be mailed to your home with purchase information. There is no cost to you for the session. These are the only senior portraits allowed in the yearbook. Upon arrival to the school, students should practice social distancing. Please wear a mask if you are unable to maintain 6 ft of distance between individuals. Do not come to the school if you are sick. Seniors are not required to wear a Boylan uniform in their yearbook photos however the following dress code must be followed:
- Boys: Coat and tie with a dress shirt. No piercings or facial hair allowed. No erratic style haircut or color will be allowed. Hair is not to exceed the collar.
- Girls: Dress or blouse. No one-shoulder, strapless, or low cut tops allowed. No visible bra straps. No facial piercings.