Board of Directors:
Mary Buscemi Gavan '66
Lynn Cuppini McConville '68
Christopher J. Lindstedt '89
Michele Ferraro Brown '93
Tom Giovingo '74
Carl Armato '79
Jeff Maney '84
Katie McGee Schmid '84
Nick Nelson '85
Molly Brauns '85
Dana Welte Harmon '87
Maria Dal Pra Bronowski '87
Shelby Anderson Moore '92
Sara Cox Anderson '92
Matthew Montalbano '93
Mike Rose '96
J Hanley '96
Katie Yagle Bryant '01
Matthew Weber '03 (President)
Emily Rosen Schubert '04
Zach Lynde '10
The purpose of the Alumni Board is to advance Boylan Catholic’s mission by:
- Creating a united, informed, and energized network of alumni who support the spiritual, academic, and extracurricular programs at Boylan Catholic.
- Organizing alumni resources, both human and financial, for the benefit of Boylan students.
- Serving alumni by offering a wide range of activities and programs.
- Encouraging alumni to maintain a lifelong relationship with Boylan Catholic.
- Enhancing the three major areas of Boylan Advancement: Friends, Funds, and Freshmen.
Boylan continues a long tradition of Catholic education begun in 1910 by St. Thomas High School. This school, at first coeducational, became a school for boys in 1929 when Bishop Muldoon High School for girls opened. St. Thomas closed in 1962, while Muldoon graduated its last class in 1970.
The Alumni Board proudly serves the 18,020 graduates of Muldoon, Boylan, and St. Thomas High Schools. Since 1985, the Alumni board has served the 18,020 graduates of Rockford's Catholic secondary schools.
Any graduate of St. Thomas, Muldoon, or Boylan Catholic, or other persons at the discretion of the President, may serve on Alumni Board. Additional committees may be established by the Board with a two-thirds vote. Action may be taken by each committee as specifically noted in these by-laws or as otherwise empowered by the Board.
Committee Chairs shall submit a brief review of their committee activities and results as directed by the Board President. This includes, but is not limited to a committee evaluation and recommendations for future action.
- Strategy Team - The Alumni Board meets in the months in which there is no formal Board meeting. The purpose of this committee is to conduct short-term and long-term planning, review of Alumni Board activities, by-law review and revision, and prospective board member and officer selection. Any action so taken must be ratified by the Board at its next meeting.
- Boylan Business & Professional Network - The purpose of the BBPN Committee is to connect and serve Boylan’s business and professional community locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Future Titan Committee - The purpose of the Future Titan Committee is to connect our future students and parents (alumni and non-alumni) to Boylan Catholic. This includes, but is not limited to creating and distributing a quarterly newsletter, The Future Titan.
- Alumni Service Committee - The purpose of the Alumni Service Committee is to
plan, promote, and execute service projects that benefit our school and/or community.
- Alumni Recognition Committee - The purpose of the Alumni Recognition
Committee is to plan, promote, and execute a comprehensive Alumni Awards
Program. This includes, but is not limited to, creating a nomination and election
process for the Veritas Award, Young Alumnus Award, Outstanding Teacher, Honorary Alumnus
Award, and the Alumni Excellence Award.
Lynn C. McConville '68
Director of Advancement
Phone: (815) 877-8008
Fax: (815) 877-8098
Michele F. Brown '93
Associate Director of Advancement
Phone: (815) 316-2422
Fax: (815) 877-8098