The Pope Saint John Paul II Campus Ministry Program (JPII Campus Ministry) was established to support Boylan Catholic's mission to educate the whole person. We seek to develop not only the intellectual side of our students, but the spiritual, moral, emotional, social, and physical. JPII Campus Ministry exists to nurture the faith of our students and faculty through prayer, retreats, service, sacraments, and strong faith-based relationships. The program is currently run by Spiritual Director Reverend David Finn.
Features of JPII Campus Ministry include:
The hub of the program is the JPII Campus Ministry room, which serves as a place where students can gather for small groups, mentoring, and fellowship before and after school. Adjacent to the JPII Campus Ministry room is our chapel, which sits at the heart of our 60-year old building and serves as a place for students and faculty to spend time with the Lord before and participate in adoration, confession, and daily Mass.
- Boylan offers daily liturgy and monthly all-school Mass, as well as adoration and confession.
- Boylan’s Christian Service Program allows students to experience Christianity in a dynamic way by actively participating in a wide variety of service opportunities that serve their community and those in need. All students are required to perform a minimum of 25 hours of service per year.
- All students attend an annual retreat where they can step away from the busyness of their lives, experience the love and mercy of Jesus, and foster a deeper connection with each other. Retreat topics for each class are:
- Freshman: Holy focuses on the invitation and call to holiness and how that can be lived out in high school.
- Sophomore: Discipleship focuses on our response to the invitation we have to follow Jesus.
- Junior: Fierce Femininity and Masculinity focuses on identity - what it means to be a woman, a man - how to live holiness as a man/woman.
- Senior: Kairos is a 3-day, 2-night retreat where students step away from life and experience the Lord’s timing, love, and mercy.
- Students can sign up for small groups where they can gather with 8-10 fellow students during the school day to dive deeper into the Lord’s love.
- The Spiritual Director is available for one-on-one mentoring in an environment where students can come to be heard and receive guidance and prayer.
Faith Leadership for Students and Faculty:
- Student leaders will receive empowerment and training for their leadership involvement on retreats. Students will be trained to lead small groups, give witnesses, and most importantly how to be a servant, Christ-like leader.
- Teachers, staff, and faculty at Boylan are an integral part of JPII Campus Ministry, sharing their stories, faith journey, and time with the students on retreats, and living the Gospel message daily.