All incoming freshmen must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) to assist in determining the most appropriate courses in which to register. The HSPT score, along with grade school and parent recommendations are taken into consideration when recommending course placement. The HSPT is only used for placement purposes, it is not an admissions test.
Class of 2025 HSPT Primary Exam Date: NEW DATE! Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Pre-registration is required at boylan.org/hspt. Must register by Monday, January 18, 2021
- Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. at the school’s student (south) entrance off Muldoon Drive.
- Extended time accommodations available for those who qualify (see below).
- All health and safety protocols will be followed.
- Please see Spanish Placement Exam information below.
***Students scoring in the 95th percentile and above on the January 23 test will receive a $4,000 Bishop Lane Tuition Grant ($1,000/year over four years)***
Important HSPT Reminders:
- All testing begins at 8:00 a.m. and concludes between 11:15 am - 11:30 a.m. Please arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- Calculators are not permitted. Students may bring water and/or a healthy snack.
- Students must bring a $50 testing fee (cash or check made payable to Boylan Catholic High School).
- Students must wear a mask while in the building and will have their temperature checked when they arrive.
Spanish Placement Exam-Following the HSPT
- If you are currently enrolled in Spanish or are a native Spanish speaker and would like to take Spanish at Boylan, you must take a Spanish test following the HSPT to determine proper placement.
- The test is approximately 30 minutes and will begin shortly after the HSPT is completed.
- There is no testing fee for the Spanish test.
Additional HSPT Exam Dates:
- Pre-registration is required at boylan.org/hspt.
- Saturday, February 6, 2021 (Extended time accommodations available for those who qualify [see below].)
- Saturday, March 13, 2021
- Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. at the school’s main (east) entrance off Saint Francis Drive.
Extended Time Accommodations:
Extended time accommodations are only available during the January 23 and February 6 exams. For extended time accommodations, please contact Mrs. Giacomina Francik. To receive the extended testing time, a student must have a current IEP, ISP or 504 plan and must pre-register.