All incoming freshmen must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) to assist in determining the most appropriate courses for which to register. The HSPT score, along with grade school and parent recommendations are taken into consideration when recommending course placement. The HSPT is only used for placement purposes, it is not an admissions test. **Please note--If your student attends one of the Rockford Deanery schools (All Saints Catholic Academy, Holy Family, St. Bridget, or St. Rita), you do not need to register them for this test. Your student will be taking the HSPT at their school on either 12/1 or 12/2. More information will be sent from your school.
Class of 2026 HSPT Primary Exam Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Pre-registration for the December 3 HSPT is required at boylan.org/hspt.
- Must register by Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. at the school’s student entrance (Door D) off Muldoon Drive.
- Extended time accommodations available for those who qualify (see below).
- All health and safety protocols will be followed.
***Students scoring in the 95th percentile and above on the December 4 (test will receive a $4,000 Bishop Lane Tuition Grant ($1,000/year over four years)***
Important HSPT Reminders:
- All testing begins at 8:00 a.m. and concludes between 11:15 am - 11:30 a.m. Please arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- Calculators are not permitted. Students may bring water and/or a healthy snack.
- Students must bring a $50 testing fee (cash or check made payable to Boylan Catholic High School).
- Students must wear a mask while in the building and will have their temperature checked when they arrive.
Additional HSPT Exam Dates:
- Pre-registration is required at boylan.org/hspt.
- Please arrive by 7:45 a.m. at the school’s student (DOOR D) entrance off Saint Francis Drive.
Extended Time Accommodations:
Extended time accommodations are only available during the December 3exam. For extended time accommodations, please contact Mrs. Giacomina Francik. To receive the extended testing time, a student must have a current IEP, ISP or 504 plan and must pre-register.